Saturday, July 23, 2005

Favorite albums mid-2005

Alright, not a lot of crazy stuff happening, just good times with good buddies. Some issues with the people that had sex to make me, but hey, who doesn't have issues with them? Anyways, 2005 is more than half way through, so I'd figure I'd make a best of list for so far this year:
Top Ten Albums:

10. Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
9. Circa Survive - Juturna
8 Acceptance - Phantoms
7. Iron and Wine - Woman King
6.Copeland - In Motion
5. Sherwood - Sing, But Keep Going
4. The Rocket Summer - Hello, Good Friend
3. Mae - The Everglow
2. Armor For Sleep - What to Do When You Are Dead
1. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire

Honorable Mentions:
Bright Eyes - Wide Awake, It's Mourning
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
The Starting Line - Based on a True Story
Fall Out Boy - From Under Cork Tree

Safe to say it's been a fantastic half year for music, and it's only gonna get better: Death Cab, Coheed and Cambria, Broken Social Scene, possibly Brand New, and Emery all looking to release albums, among others. This is a good thing.

Favorite movies:
They all suck. Hollywood sucks. No more freaking remakes, no more freaking sequels, no more freaking formulaic, cliché, feel good stories. All these things happen, maybe I'll start watching new movies. Until then, I missed a decade of fantastic movies because I was in elementary school, so I'm happy exploring those.

Some movies off the top of my head I really want to see but haven't yet:
Pi
Mangolia
Resevoir Dogs
Lost in Translation
Sideways
The Motorcycle Diaries
Good Will Hunting


Fo'sho'.

No comments: